Fri, 8 Jun, 2018
The latest Kmart $29 hack fans are going crazy for
It’s the $29 Kmart pie maker that has sent social media users into a tizzy.
Why you may wonder (or not)? Not only can it create pies, pizzas and even pancakes in minutes, but a mum has discovered it can create a Nutella filled doughnut in less than 10 minutes.
Posting to the Kmart Mums Australia Facebook page, group member Linda says the discount department store’s $29 pie maker can create the delicious treat in just eight minutes.
And that it seems is enough to send a page into meltdown, with the post receiving more than 600 comments of praise and delight.
Th pie maker, which creates your traditional pie, can easily be utilised to make many other concoctions.
Instead of using pastry and mince in the shells of the pie maker, users have shared ways to create other treats by using bread, eggs, flour, pancake mixture and even muffin batter to cook both sweet and savoury dishes.
“I’m using my pie maker for cupcakes & muffins more than pies,” one person commented.
“I made them too but put maple syrup in the middle,” another added.
“Made quiche in mine, school lunch sorted,” one woman suggested for a savory option.
Instead of using Nutella, one user put a small piece of solid chocolate into the centre and used pancake mixture instead.
How to make Nutella Doughnut:
Makes: 12 doughnuts.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- dash of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 60g melted butter
- Nutella (1 teaspoon for each doughnut)
For the doughnut coating
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1. Put self raising flour, melted butter and caster sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate jug, add milk, eggs, vanilla essence and vegetable oil.
3. Pour mixture in to flour mix, whisking until combined.
4. Heat up pie maker, and spoon in mix until it’s just below 3/4 full.
5. Gently dollop the teaspoon of Nutella into the centre of each doughnut mix.
6. Close the lid and cook for 8-10 minutes. They will be cooked fully when spring to the touch.
8. Remove doughnuts from pie maker, brush all over with butter and toss through doughnut coating.\