Over60

Beauty & Style

Princess Beatrice makes first appearance since postponing her wedding

Princess Beatrice makes first appearance since postponing her wedding

Princess Beatrice has made her first appearance since the Buckingham Palace announced the postponement of her wedding amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The eldest daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson appeared in a video message for her patronage, the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity, which appeared to have been filmed in her apartment at St James’s Palace.

The 31-year-old royal was diagnosed with dyslexia at the age of seven.

In the clip shared on Twitter by the charity, Beatrice said the charity is offering its services in “this … incredibly challenging time”.

“As patron of the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity, I just wanted to send this message to say the Helen Arkell charity is open for business,” she said.

“Yes, they are doing things online at the moment rather than face to face, but their incredible team of specialists is here to help whenever you need them. Whether that is online courses, tuition sessions, or their online helpline, please get in touch. I would encourage you to look at their website and see what’s available to you.”

Earlier this month, it was revealed that Beatrice and her fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi decided to cancel their wedding plans for May 29.

“The couple are sad but pragmatic,” royal reporter Rebecca English wrote on Twitter.

“Even if lockdown is lifted there will likely be restrictions in place. And with the country battling coronavirus, they both feel strongly it’s not the right time for a royal wedding, even a relatively small one.”