Food & Wine
Delicious chilli coriander squid
Time to prepare 25 mins | Serves 4
This Chilli Coriander Squid recipe is from the book Healthy Body by one of Australia's foremost personal trainers Sally Matterson.
For more information on how you can balance your hormones and shred fat for life read our review of Healthy Body.
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 tsp flaxseed oil, plus extra
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 chillies, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 600g (1.3lb) pre-cut squid rings (or 4 baby squid) scored and thinly sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives100g (3.5oz) rocket leaves (arugula)
- large handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- juice of half a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place onion on the prepared tray. Drizzle with 2 tsp of the flaxseed oil and balsamic vinegar and bake for 15 mins. Set aside to cool.
2. Place chilli, coriander and squid in a bowl. Toss together.
3. In a separate bowl, place cherry tomatoes, olives, rocket, parsley and the cooked onion.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and quickly toss squid for 2 mins or until tender.
5. Add squid to the salad and toss. Drizzle with remaining flaxseed oil and lemon juice. Serve.
Macronutrients per serve
Protein 28.7g (1.0oz)
Fats 8.3g (0.3oz)
Carbs 9.4g (0.3oz)
This is a light meal that's perfect for al fresco dining. Cook the squid on the barbecue if you prefer.
Republished with permission from Wyza.com.au.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.