Sydney on alert after hotel quarantine worker tests positive to COVID-19
Sydney is on alert this morning after multiple exposure sites including two public transport routes were added to the list of places visited by an infectious case of COVID-19.
After almost two months of remaining virus-free, Sydney is grappling with a possibility of yet another outbreak following a serious breach at one of the city's quarantine hotels.
A security guard has tested positive for the virus, despite receiving his first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said authorities were notified of the locally acquired case late on Saturday night and urgent contact tracing and genome sequence was underway.
The 47-year-old man works in security at two quarantine hotels, the Sofitel Hotel in Wentworth and the Mantra Hotel in Haymarket.
Mr Hazzard said he had worked while infectious.
The guard attended several venues during that time, with anyone who attended the Pancakes On The Rocks at Beverly Hills on March 13 between 10.45 am to 12 pm now considered a close contact.
People who visited the venue at that time have been ordered to self-isolate for 14 days regardless of a negative test result.
Anyone who was a customer at the following venues at the listed times should monitor for symptoms:
- Bexley - Aquatic Centre on Saturday March 13 between 9 am to 9.30am
- Haymarket - Dae Jang Kum Korean restaurant on Saturday March 13 between 12.15 am to 12.25am;
- Haymarket - 7 Eleven on Saturday March 13 between 12.20 am to 12.25am;
- Hurstville - Hudson's Coffee shop, Hurstville Private Hospital on Monday March 8 between 8.30 am to 9am; Tuesday March 9 between 8.30 am to 9am; Wednesday March 10 between 8 pm and 9pm; Thursday March 11 between 8.30 am and 9 am and Friday March 12 between 8.30 am and 9am
- Hurstville Station - Coles on Wednesday March 10 between 8 pm to 9pm
- T4 line, Hurstville to Central - Friday March 12 departing 6 pm Hurstville and arriving Central 6.30pm.
- T4 line, Central to Hurstville - Saturday March 13 departing Central at 7 am and driving Hurstville at 7.30am.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.