Over60

Music

"It's what happens": Grant Denyer addresses Dancing With The Stars axing

"It's what happens": Grant Denyer addresses Dancing With The Stars axing

Loveable TV personality Grant Denyer spoke out about his latest program Dancing With The Stars being axed.

"It's what happens in television," the 43-year-old told The Daily Telegraph on Sunday. 

"The only gigs that are a certainty is reading the news or hosting a morning breakfast show," he continued.

"They're the only bolted-on industry jobs; for the rest of us, shows come and go. It's just the nature of the beast."

Denyer feels like shows such as Family Feud and Dancing with the Stars are "cyclical" and will "no doubt come back somewhere else further down the track."

Dancing with the Stars was axed by Channel 10 last month.

"We have decided to hang up our dancing shoes, lycra pants and sequined jackets for the time being," a network spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia

"We would like to express our sincere thanks and gratitude to all those involved in the show, in particular Amanda Keller and Grant Denyer, who were fabulous hosts, as well as all the judges, dancers, the stars and of course the crew."