ALDI shopper's grim warning after purchasing explosive appliance
An ALDI supermarket shopper has issued a warning to customers after a vacuum cleaner she purchased from her local store "exploded" and caused burns to her foot.
Taking to Facebook, shopper Diana said her Easy Home Multicuclonic Vacuum Cleaner caught on fire and set off her smoke detectors at her home.
The bagless vacuum cleaner has been recalled due to a defect that could see the motor overheat and result in a fire.
However, Diana was unaware of the recall, leading to the unfortunate incident.
“Just a caution for those of us who purchased the bagless vacuum last year,” wrote Diana on the Aldi Mums page.
“Well today mine exploded and caught on fire, triggering the house smoke detectors and leaving me with burns to my foot.
“According to ALDI, there was a recall of the bagless vacuums for this reason which I was not aware of.
“Just thought I would put it out there for those who are not familiar with the recall.”
A spokesperson for the company urged customers who still own one of the recalled appliances to urgently take it back to their local store.
“It is unfortunate that this product has not met our strict safety and quality standards,” an ALDI spokesperson said.
“We are actively encouraging anyone who purchased the Multicyclonic Vacuum Cleaner to return the product to any of our stores for a full refund.
“We have been promoting this recall on our website, in stores and on our Facebook page.”
For more information on the recall, head here.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.