A secret tool to medication management
Timing is everything. It’s hard enough for most of us to remember where we’ve left the television remote or when we need to restock the toilet paper, let alone taking medication at a certain time every single day. When you add into the mix multiple medications that all need to be taken at different times of the day, it can be tricky for even the most organised person.
Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as just taking medicine you’ve missed later on. Some medicines can have serious consequences, if taken in the wrong dose or at the wrong time. That’s why TerryWhite Chemmart offers Medication Organisers, to help make the process of taking the right medicine and vitamins on time, easier for customers.
Medication Organisers come in convenient, easy to use, see-through blister packs or sachets. These are separated into small, individual compartments containing the exact doses needed for different times of the day. This can be a big help to carers and patients in remembering to administer medicine correctly.
Medication Organisers are prepared by your pharmacist, and personalised to include each person’s details, medication type, quantity and dose times. Once your Medication Organiser is prepared, these can be arranged to be kept at pharmacy and collection on a weekly, fortnightly, or monthly schedule so it works into your routine.
So, why use them?
- Labelled individual compartments: it might sound obvious, but helps avoid accidentally missing a day, double dosing, or confusing the right day/time to take medicine.
- Safe: your medicine is securely packed by the pharmacist and personally labelled into well-sealed, tamper evident compartments.
- Visual: clear packaging acts as a reminder and can help track what doses need to be taken, or whether any have been missed.
- Convenient: small, discreet and can be collected on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly schedule, to take the hassle out of remembering.
- Better medication management: making it easier to care for the health of loved ones.
Here are some tips to simplify medication management at home:
Life can be busy and overwhelming at times, but it doesn’t have to be when it comes to managing your medication. Speak to your local TerryWhite Chemmart Pharmacist today about how a Medication Organiser can work for you.
You can find more information about medication management at www.terrywhitechemmart.com.au/medication-management
Author: Matt Boulter, Pharmacist, TerryWhite Chemmart
This is a sponsored article produced in partnership with TerryWhite Chemmart
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.