Food & Wine
4 Ingredients: Mandarin Friands
- 2 large mandarins, peeled and seeded
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2½ tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a food processor, combine the mandarins, almond meal, egg yolks, and agave and blend for 10 seconds.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- Gently fold the mandarin mix into the egg whites.
- Divide among 12 nonstick muffin or friand moulds and bake for 20 minutes.
You can substitute mandarins for oranges or limes.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.