Food & Wine
4 Ingredients: Try these mandarin friands
Delicious, delectable and, best of all, gluten-free! Serve these as an afternoon treat with tea or coffee.
2 large mandarins, peeled and seeded
1½ cups almond meal
3 eggs, separated
2½ tablespoons agave nectar or honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a food processor, combine the mandarins, almond meal, egg yolks, and agave and blend for 10 seconds.
3. Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form, about 4 minutes.
4. Gently fold the mandarin mix into the egg whites.
5. Divide among 12 nonstick muffin or friand moulds and bake for 20 minutes.
Featured in 4 Ingredients: Gluten Free, Lactose Free By Kim McCosker, RRP $19.95.
You can substitute mandarins for oranges or limes.
Republished with permission of Wyza.com.au.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.