Food & Wine
Chocolate pancakes with caramel and peanut butter sauce
These delicious pancakes come packed with flavours and no dairy – perfect for the whole family!
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Mayver’s Peanut Butter
- 3 medjool dates
- Blend the dates and the almond milk until they are well combined and there are no chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour with the cacao powder, date/almond milk from the blender and the banana. Mash the banana through the mixture with a fork.
- In a non-stick frypan over medium heat, cook the pancakes for approximately 2 minutes either side.
- Blend the sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour over pancakes when they’re ready.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.