Food & Wine
Enjoy sweet red papaya and mixed berry parfaits
Combined with fruity goodness, enjoy this parfait as the perfect afternoon (or morning) snack.
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 400g red papaya
- 500g (2 cups) natural Greek or vanilla yoghurt
- 200g (2 cups) toasted muesli or granola
- 250g (2 cups) frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp water
- In a saucepan over medium heat, simmer berries and water for four to five minutes, until just warm and syrupy.
- Mash slightly with a fork and set aside to cool while you peel, de-seed and dice papaya.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons muesli (or granola) into the base of four glasses.
- Layer each glass with ¼ cup yoghurt, 2 tablespoons berry compote, ¼ cup diced papaya and 2 tablespoons granola. Repeat layers and serve immediately.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.