Food & Wine
Try this gluten free chicken parmigiana
This delicious chicken parmigiana is a fantastic choice for a week night meal. However, it has been specially created to allow those 1 in 7 Australian’s who suffer from IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) to indulge guilt-free.
Recipes and images from The Two-Step Low-FODMAP Diet and Recipe Book by Dr Sue Shepherd (Pan Macmillan, RRP $39.95).
- 90 g (1⁄2 cup) gluten-free cornflour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten 180 g (11⁄2 cups)
- gluten-free breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Set out three shallow bowls.
- Put the cornflour into one, eggs into another, and breadcrumbs, salt and pepper into the last.
- Coat one chicken fillet in the cornflour, then dip in the egg, and then coat well in the breadcrumbs. Repeat for remaining fillets. 4. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium–low heat. Cook the chicken for 3–4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small frying pan, heat the tomatoes, parsley and oregano. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray. Top with the tomato sauce and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Republished with permission from Wyza.com.au.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.