Has coronavirus changed your retirement plans?
OverSixty and Downsizing.com.au have launched a major community survey to determine how the coronavirus pandemic is changing the retirement and financial decisions of Australia’s over 50s.
The survey takes around two minutes and is completely anonymous, with no personal information or social media data collected.
This survey will highlight new trends emerging in retirement planning and living, and help ensure that adequate consideration is given to meeting the critical housing and financial needs of older Australians through the coronavirus and beyond.
- Bringing forward downsizing or retirement plans
- Changing the intended location of any future retirement property
- Looking to access their home equity, to compensate for the loss of other retirement savings or loss of their employment
- Looking to rent rather than buy
- Using the government supplements to support older people to compensate for the loss of retirement savings
This includes ensuring residents have access to essential items such as fresh food and toilet paper, along with providing safe and socially distant entertainment including balcony bingo and courtyard concerts.
Many communities have created virtual tours and one-on-one inspections of vacant dwellings, instead of holding open days.
The community survey builds upon an existing community survey undertaken by Downsizing.com.au over the last three years.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.