Food & Wine
Healthy and delicious Sultana slice
This sweet treat is easy to make and it will delight the whole family.
(Image © Pacific Magazines Australia)
- Melted butter, to grease
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beate
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1¼ cups sultana
- 2 Tbsp crystallised ginger, chopped
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 27 x 17cm slice tin with melted butter, then line base and sides with baking paper. Melt unsalted butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in golden syrup until smooth. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in egg and stir in zest.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl, then add coconut, oats, caster sugar, sultanas and ginger, stirring until well combined. Add butter mixture, stirring until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared tin, spreading evenly, then bake for 25 minutes or until golden and firm to touch. Set aside in tin for 30 minutes to cool completely, then remove from tin.
3. Sift icing sugar into a large bowl. Add orange juice and whisk for 5 minutes or until very light. Drizzle icing over slice, then set aside for 20 minutes to allow icing to set. Cut into 12 bars and serve.
Republished with permission from Wyza.com.au.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.